Learn how to make Perfect Homemade Small Bread Loafs. It only requires a handful of ingredients to make perfect bakery style bread at home
Yield: 8 small loaves
· 3/4 tablespoon instant dry yeast
· 1 cups warm water
· 2/4 teaspoons salt
· 3 cups all-purpose flour
· 1 tablespoon of Vital Wheat Gluten
· 1 large egg, beaten
1. In the bowl on a stand mixer, add yeast, warm water and salt, let sit for 5 minutes, then add 3 cups of flour and 1 tablespoon of Vital wheat gluten slowly while using your kneader on a slow speed mix all ingredients except for the egg until all is combine. You can increase speed to medium once all is combine. You are looking for the dough to pull away from the sides of the bowl. You might need to add a little bit of extra flour or water depending. You want it to create a nice round ball.
2. Transfer your ball to a cutting ball, break into 8 equal parts. Lightly spray your small loaf pan and hand knead the eight balls, putting each into the loaf pan, pressing mixture down so that it spreads out in each pan, cover with a warm wet towel, and let rise until double in size, about 1 hour, in your oven. I warm my oven in advance and turn it off when I put the dough into the oven.
3. Let rise for an hour, then take out. Remove each dough loaf, knead some more, add a bit of flour when kneading dough return each to the loaf pan that has been re-sprayed and again push the dough out so that it covers from end to end. Cover with large baking pan and let rise 30-45 minutes in warm oven. After rising remove and then Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
4. While oven is preheating, take a sharp knife and cut diagonal slashes on the top of each bread loaf, about ¼ inch deep. Brush loaves with beaten egg.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
Remove from oven when done and enjoy.