I take a large plastic bowl dice large chucks, fennel, onions, leeks and peel garlic cloves and throw in whole.
- 1 fennel bulb, washed and sliced up
- 2 onions, one red and one white diced
- 2 baby leeks, trimmed and chopped or this time Costco was selling pre diced and wash leeks so I used that 1 bag
- 6 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil more if vegetables aren’t covered in oil
- 1/2 cup of white dry wine
With the above ingredients place them into two cooks dishes, heat oven to 375 and bake for an hour in oven turning vegetables at the half hr mark while
Adding : 3 tbsp of butter to mixtures.
Then put back into oven for last 1/2 hour. After the whole 1 hr is up roasting remove from oven and transfer to large pot add the next section of ingredients to pot. Bring to a boil then turn down and simmer for half hour.
- 8 cups of chicken stock (vegetarians can substitute vegetable stock)
- 2 cups of whipping cream
- 3 tbsp of lemon juice
After 1/2 hr use hand held blender and purée the entire pot.
Simmer for another 10 minutes.
Then when you serve topped with fresh chives, chopped up ham (no ham if you are serving as a vegetarian dish) and a 1 tbsp of skotidakis jalapeño yogurt dip.
Plus I serve with warm bread, and salad. Enjoy.